Use iChat to Chat on Facebook
Sep 23, 2011 12:18 PM
If you use iChat to communicate with others you can use it to talk to friends on Facebook too!
Reposted from Mac OS X Hints:
- Find your Facebook username by going to http://www.facebook.com/your_user/.
- Next, Open iChat, then select iChat » Preferences and click on the Accounts tab.
- Click on the + (plus) sign to add a new account, with these settings:
- Account Type is Jabber Account
- Account name is email@example.com, and enter your password
- Click the drop-down arrow to reveal Server options. Enter chat.facebook.com as the server name.
- Enter 5222 as the port and click Done.
- Click Done again, and you are good to go.